Convert ISO Files to DMG Format. If you are an OS Geek like me, and if you are always up for knowing more about New and Old Operating Systems, then yes this article is for you. Using a Mac OS on a Mac or MacBook might have made you aware of the DMG Files, while you might have used ISO Files for Software on Windows OS. And with both the files, you might need to convert to one from another, depending on the machine you use, and where you Got the Software from.
For example, if you are using Windows 10, and want to run Windows XP in a Virtual machine, on the same, then you are going to need the .iso image files. While, if you have to Install Mac OS X El Capitan, then you will have to convert ISO Files to DMG. And, with this article, you can know How.
What are ISO, and DMG Files?
ISO, or .iso Image files for an Operating System or a Software are the Files, which you can burn into a Bootable DVD, to Install the Operating System on your Computer. The thing with ISO Files is the limitation of their usage, which is bound to Microsoft Windows generally. Although, there are ways to use these on Linux and Mac OS, still, preferably these work better with the Windows OS.
You are also reading: http://www.techclimax.com/how-to-edit-pdf-files
While, on the other hand, .dmg image files are those which you can turn into a bootable DVD or a Flash Drive, and then use that drive to set up the Operating System on an iMac or a MacBook specifically. Seems sorted, right? Well, it actually is. So, if you are looking for a way to Convert ISO Files to DMG Files easily, then here is how you do it.
Steps to Follow: Convert ISO Files to DMG Format Easily:-
Well, it is not as difficult as it might seem at first. All, you need to do is simply follow the steps below.
There are three ways, which you can do the same with. Have a look at those three below.
1). Using Terminal:
- Go to the Finder Window>Open Terminal>Click GO-Terminal.
- Then, type and enter the Following Command in the Terminal Window:
- hdiutil convert/folder/folder/file. iso-format UDRW -o/folder/folder/file.dmg
2). With Magic ISO:
- Download Magic ISO Software First.
- Install the Magic ISO and Set it up completely.
- Open the App, and go to Open on Magic ISO.
- Now, go to “Properties” and select the ‘Apple Disc Image” option.
- Save “Apple Disc Image” Option.
- And now you have your DMG Format File, which you just converted to from ISO.
3). With Power ISO:
- First of all Download and Install PowerISO.
- Now, Open PowerISO, go to File Menu and Select Open.
- Go to the Properties and Select “Apple Disc Image”.
- Save this Option now, and you have your ISO Files now in DMG Format.
So, you see? This was too easy, wasn’t it? Well, if you are having to face any problems even now, then feel free to drop a comment or Message me here on Medium.com. Thanks for reading. I hope this was useful.
Also, if you still are having to face any issues regarding the Installation of ISO, or DMG Files on your PC, then feel free to contact us, via Email, or by dropping your query in the comments below.